Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Running Water

Look, I know it's been a while since we last saw each other, but I just wanted to let you know how I feel. I miss you - even more than I thought I would. I'm sure that you miss me, too, even if you don't realize it right now. Please come back to me.

At first I heard you had left for a turbine replacement. That was understandable - turbine replacements are hard to come by, so when one comes your way, you don't turn it down. Then, someone else told me that you were gone because of a broken pipe. Seriously? A broken pipe? What kind of reason is that? If your story keep changing, how am I supposed to know if you'll ever come back? I just don't know what to believe anymore.

In the beginning, it was easy to live without you. I'll admit, I briefly enjoyed it. I mean, it was hard and everything, but it was such a completely different experience that I felt ... liberated. But that liberation quickly gave way to annoyance, then sadness, and now ... now I've just got this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's terrible without you. I miss the way you used to run through my hair, tracing yourself all the way down my body. I even miss the stupid little things, like how you'd help me with chores like cooking or laundry.

Please come back.

4 comments:

  1. Saying "I miss your musk" seems well-placed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My toilet is leaking here in Red Deer. The faucet continually drips, and I take incredibly long showers.

    Sorry bud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, your blog was forwarded to me by another Canadian who, like me, first came to Ghana in 1971. Guess what? we both have made Ghana our permanent home.
    Just read your account of the incident with the wanna-be cop in Accra. There is a phrase here in Ghana which is used often to express disrespect for someone who is not acting correctly, "Don't mind them". That would be my comment to you - this individual is someone who is not acting correctly and we do not need to excuse his actions. Glad to hear that nothing other than a 2 hour interuption to your day was the result.
    Sounds like you are taking advantage of your free time while you are here. Make sure you leave a weekend (or two) for the western region and check out Busua. That is where my wife and I built our hotel (www.africanrainbowresort.com). Perhaps we might see you there sometime.
    Best wishes,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very effective product. I love it.Well that was a nice post. I liked it.thank you for this post.
    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete