Friday, May 8, 2009

Chris's Ghana Blog is Up!!!

Hello gentle readers, and welcome to "Ghana 'Till September*: Chris Samuel's Trials and Tribulations in Accra, Ghana". Aside from the classic Ghana pun, there's another non-obvious one in the subheading. You see, I'll be working at the Centre for Public Interest Litigation doing some legal(-ish) work (get it? trials? get it? yeah, you get it.). I arrive in Ghana on May 21st, which is less than two weeks away. Flights are booked, my visa is secured, immunizations are coursing through my system. The only thing I have left to do is find a place to stay, but I've totally got someone helping me out with that.

Until then, I'm just spending time in Edmonton visiting with friends and getting ready for my departure. My to-do list included getting the blog up and running, but I can totally cross it out now. The layout could still probably use some work, but I'm comfortable leaving it as a work-in-progress (which, realistically, is where it will stay for the rest of the summer. Deal with it, you black-background-haters).

Oh! And one more thing! If you like this blog, and you're a generous and kind-hearted person (and I know you are), then you can feel free to donate and help cover my expenses. You can visit the Canadian Lawyers Abroad profile on the canadahelps.org website, and click on "Donate Now" and select "University of New Brunswick". You get a tax receipt! Those are waaaay better than a regular receipts (which you usually just throw out, needlessly wasting paper).

* Props to Josh "The Franchise" Egan for the blog title.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed your most recent post. I think you should post more often, you obviously have natural ability for blogging!
    by Air Jordan 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Newbie, I am always exploring online for articles that can aid me. Thank you buy dining room furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I like reading your blog, I like to stay small comments to support you, wish you have a good continue. I wish you the best of all the good wishes for your blog's efforts. lengha choli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is great. Your thoughts are also very good and i am very inspired from your post. That is why I visit this blog again and again and will come back in future too. Thanks
    html - lehenga saree

    ReplyDelete